Topics

Transmit modes with HDSDR

William "Bill" Kisse

I assume that with HDSDR this rig transmits SSB and AM?

If so does anyone have feedback on this little gem in voice modes?

73,

Bill
W3MSH

William "Bill" Kisse
301-908-8279
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
Margaret MeadAmerican Cultural Anthropologist

Ron / W4MMP

Hi Bill,

Yes, SSB,AM and CW.   I will leave it to other customers here on the forum to comment on their experiences with the voice modes.  One thing HDSDR is lacking is voice compression.  After you have things working with HDSDR, you might want to try Genesis SDR (GSDR) or Quisk.  Both have compression, I believe.

73,
Ron / W4MMP

--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,

William "Bill" Kisse

Thank you, Ron!

Looks like a nice little rig that deserves recognition.

[...]

Joel Caulkins <caulktel@...>

Hi Bill,

While I can’t comment on AM or CW, I do use my Proficio everyday for checking into multiple SSB nets up and down the west coast of the US running just 5 watts, (sometimes I use my HardRock 50 amp). Later in the day I chat with friends on 60 meter SSB with it and always get great un solicited audio reports saying it is studio quality audio and this is with a $3 eBay computer microphone. Really, for the price the Proficio cannot be beat. I agree with you that it doesn't get the press it should, in fact most people have never heard of it when I'm asked what rig I'm using. Ive told Ron before, I don't think the Proficio is being marketed enough.  I try my best to spread the word around whenever I can.

Joel N6ALT

On Apr 28, 2018, at 7:14 AM, Ron / W4MMP via Groups.Io <w4mmp@...> wrote:

[...]

I second Joel's comments. I use mine (mostly) with GSDR and a wireless Bluetooth  Plantronics gaming headset with boom mic - I think it was just over $25. Constantly complimented on my audio and it's just a terrific little rig!

I've worked a fair number of DX stations with only 4-5 watts but I also use it with a "big gun" 70 watt linear. :)

73,
Robert VE7ZN

On Apr 28, 2018, at 8:25 AM, Joel Caulkins <caulktel@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Joel and Bill,

Thanks for the very nice comments.   As to recognition, I have increased the advertising budget.

Related to this,  I contacted the ARRL some time ago regarding putting the Proficio through their testing and evaluation.   Their response was,  there has to be a certain number of requests (what that number is, they did not say) from users/owners before the ARRL will test and evaluate a piece of ham gear.  I don't have a clue how that happens other than the maker of the rig puts out a call for customers to contact the ARRL.

73,
Ron / W4MMP
On 4/28/2018 11:39, Robert Dale wrote:

[...]

Ron:

If the ARRL needs multiple requests to evaluate a product, I propose that EVERY ONE on this message board request this directly.

Please advise how we should proceed...!

Perhaps the ARRL - even though they may understand the value/performance of your product - may wish to keep in the good graces of their Kenwood, Yaesu, etc.

No, I'm not a conspiracy theorist or against any of the "mainstream" manufacturers - just stating in my opinion that recognition is long overdue.

I am confident that when your products are reviewed in QST that Kenwood, Yaesu, etc. will take notice and begin to "compete" with you by researching/releasing a good SDR transceiver!

We all win!

[...]

Thanks for your kind comments.
I need to give some thought to how to proceed, but will come up with something soon :-)

73,
Ron / W4MMP

Any updates, Ron?

73,