Topics

HDSDR Error

KJ7DSQ- Matt
 

 Is it possible to use HDSDR without running MSCC with the Proficio? Though MSCC runs on the machine (and is excellent), I also want to see if HDSDR can do this on it's own. I am having trouble getting HDSDR to accept ExtIO_Si780.dll. I get the following error:

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

Ron / W4MMP
 

Hi Matt,

Yes, it is possible.  In fact both can not be running at the same time.  Stop both MSCC and HDSDR (if either or both are running).  Power cycle the Proficio and start HDSDR.  If that does resolve the problem, un-install HDSDR and install it again. 

73,
Ron / W4MMP
On 6/17/2020 03:30, KJ7DSQ- Matt wrote:

 Is it possible to use HDSDR without running MSCC with the Proficio? Though MSCC runs on the machine (and is excellent), I also want to see if HDSDR can do this on it's own. I am having trouble getting HDSDR to accept ExtIO_Si780.dll. I get the following error:
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,
The Multus SDR,LLC Team,
Ron / W4MMP

KJ7DSQ- Matt
 

I tried reinstalling and restarting the PC, but I am still getting the same error. I'm running Windows 10 with HDSDR 2.8 installed. Does the proficio board require a USB 2.0 port or is that just the MFC? Note that MSCC works fine. The error is when I try to load the dll into HDSDR.

Ron / W4MMP
 

Trying installing CFGSR (https://pe0fko.nl/CFGSR/).  I seem to remember that resolved the side car issue, but it was a long time ago.

Please sign your emails.

73,
Ron / W4MMP
On 6/17/2020 22:18, KJ7DSQ- Matt wrote:

I tried reinstalling and restarting the PC, but I am still getting the same error. I'm running Windows 10 with HDSDR 2.8 installed. Does the proficio board require a USB 2.0 port or is that just the MFC? Note that MSCC works fine. The error is when I try to load the dll into HDSDR.

--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,
The Multus SDR,LLC Team,
Ron / W4MMP

 

I also recall CFGSR must be installed in the same folder as HDSDR but don’t run it. 

73,
Robert

On Jun 17, 2020, at 8:02 PM, Ron / W4MMP via groups.io <w4mmp@...> wrote:

Trying installing CFGSR (https://pe0fko.nl/CFGSR/).  I seem to remember that resolved the side car issue, but it was a long time ago.

Please sign your emails.

73,
Ron / W4MMP
On 6/17/2020 22:18, KJ7DSQ- Matt wrote:
I tried reinstalling and restarting the PC, but I am still getting the same error. I'm running Windows 10 with HDSDR 2.8 installed. Does the proficio board require a USB 2.0 port or is that just the MFC? Note that MSCC works fine. The error is when I try to load the dll into HDSDR.

--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,
The Multus SDR,LLC Team,
Ron / W4MMP


--
73,

Robert VE7ZN

KJ7DSQ- Matt
 

Thank you both, that was the issue. Can I suggest adding this to the documentation? It's working for me now!

-Matt (KJ7DSQ)

Ron / W4MMP
 

Hi Matt,

Glad it is now working.  Which document are you referring to?

73,
Ron / W4MMP
On 6/18/2020 02:43, KJ7DSQ- Matt wrote:

Thank you both, that was the issue. Can I suggest adding this to the documentation? It's working for me now!

-Matt (KJ7DSQ)

--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,
The Multus SDR,LLC Team,
Ron / W4MMP