Topics

MSCC Waterfall settings ...

Jens / HB9JOI

Hi Ron , I have changed running MSCC now on a high Performance PC with Intel-i-7 processor and 16 GB RAM .
But unfortunately the Setting for Waterfall "ZERO" is also NOT working . That ias bad , don`t know why ...
--
73`s de Jens / HB9JOI

Ron / W4MMP

Hi Jens,

Do the GAIN and SPEED settings work?  I think this might have something to do with your video driver but I'm not sure about that.

At any rate,  start MSCC,  click on the S/W controls move the ZERO slider back and forth.  Click the S/W Controls and then click on the Misc tab and click Backup.  Attach the resulting zip file to your reply.

Also,  please grab a screen shot of the waterfall window.

73,
Ron / W4MMP
On 5/2/2020 05:37, Jens / HB9JOI wrote:

Hi Ron , I have changed running MSCC now on a high Performance PC with Intel-i-7 processor and 16 GB RAM .
But unfortunately the Setting for Waterfall "ZERO" is also NOT working . That ias bad , don`t know why ...
--
73`s de Jens / HB9JOI

--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,

Jens / HB9JOI

Hi Ron ,

Gain and Speed settings are working .
Here is attached the screenshot and the ZipLog file ,

73 , Jens , HB9JOI

MSCC Waterfall

[...]

This is going to be a tough one to figure out.   The logs do not reveal any errors and I can not reproduce the issue.  Two things come to mind at the moment.

1) Microsoft .Net Framework version.  Please run the attached program.  It reports the version(s) of .Net framework that are installed on your machine.  MSCC is build with version 4.6.1.  Let me know what the program reports.
2) Video driver.  There is a possibility the video driver is not playing nice with what Windows is sending to the driver.
--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,
The Multus SDR,LLC Team,
Ron / W4MMP

Jens / HB9JOI

Hi Ron ,

here is attached the result about framework .
I have no 4.6.1 .
Now ... what I have to do ... ?? Downloading and installing FrameWork 4.6.1 ???

73 , Jens / HB9JOI

+++

This is going to be a tough one to figure out.   The logs do not reveal any errors and I can not reproduce the issue.  Two things come to mind at the moment.

1) Microsoft .Net Framework version.  Please run the attached program.  It reports the version(s) of .Net framework that are installed on your machine.  MSCC is build with version 4.6.1.  Let me know what the program reports.
2) Video driver.  There is a possibility the video driver is not playing nice with what Windows is sending to the driver.
--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,
The Multus SDR,LLC Team,
Ron / W4MMP

--
73`s de Jens / HB9JOI

Ron / W4MMP

Hi Jens,
Not necessary.  4.8.x.x is backwards compatible with 4.6.1.   So what we have left is the video driver.   What is your video adapter?  The device manager will tell you.
--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,
The Multus SDR,LLC Team,
Ron / W4MMP

Jens / HB9JOI

video adapter?

Not necessary.  4.8.x.x is backwards compatible with 4.6.1.   So what we have left is the video driver.   What is your video adapter?  The device manager will tell you.
--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,
The Multus SDR,LLC Team,
Ron / W4MMP

--
73`s de Jens / HB9JOI

Ron / W4MMP

Hi Jens,

Sorry, I mis-spoke.  Display adapter.

73,
Ron / W4MMP

video adapter?

Not necessary.  4.8.x.x is backwards compatible with 4.6.1.   So what we have left is the video driver.   What is your video adapter?  The device manager will tell you.
--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,
The Multus SDR,LLC Team,
Ron / W4MMP

--
73`s de Jens / HB9JOI

--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,
The Multus SDR,LLC Team,
Ron / W4MMP

Jens / HB9JOI

... where should be in my system the display adapter ...

Display Adapter

Not necessary.  4.8.x.x is backwards compatible with 4.6.1.   So what we have left is the video driver.   What is your video adapter?  The device manager will tell you.
--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,
The Multus SDR,LLC Team,
Ron / W4MMP

--
73`s de Jens / HB9JOI

--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,
The Multus SDR,LLC Team,
Ron / W4MMP

--
73`s de Jens / HB9JOI

Ron / W4MMP

Grafikakkarten .  Then double click in that heading.  It will show the display adapter manufacture.

73,
Ron / W4MMP
On 5/3/2020 10:55, Jens / HB9JOI wrote:

[...]

Here it is ,,, Display Adapter

73 , Jens , HB9JOI

Display Adapter.jpg2

[...]

This indicates that you have three (3) display adapters installed.   Is that correct?  It appears that:

1) the Intel HD Graphics 620 is an adapter that is integrated in the CPU chip.
2) NVIDIA GeForce CTS 950M
3) USB Monitor.

Which of the above is your monitor(s) attached?  It not very common to have multiple display adapters installed in the same PC.   This might have Windows a bit confused.

73,
Ron / W4MMP
On 5/3/2020 12:53, Jens / HB9JOI wrote:

Here it is ,,, Display Adapter

73 , Jens , HB9JOI

Display
              Adapter.jpg2

[...]

James Barber

It's becoming more and more common for laptops. If that's the case, the Intel adapter usually handles everything except DirectX apps.

73,
Jim N7CXI

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 4:06 PM Ron / W4MMP via groups.io <w4mmp=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the information.

Jens,

The only thing I can recommend is to update the display adapter drivers.  Go to the device manager,  click on the display adapter heading and then double click on one of the devices.   Then click update driver.  Do this for all your display adapters.

73,
Ron / W4MMP
On 5/4/2020 19:58, James Barber wrote:

[...]

Yes , that`s right . I use 3 monitors
1) the Intel HD Graphics 620 is an adapter that is integrated in the CPU chip.
   OK , that is the Laptop-Monitor.

2) NVIDIA GeForce CTS 950M
    After connecting an HDMI-Monitor this driver is installing automatically ...
3) USB Monitor.
   Yes , 3.Monitor is an USB-Monitor .Connected at USB .

73 , Jens / HB9JOI
+++

[...]

Sorry about the step by step, but I knew this was going to be difficult.   Next question, does the problem happen on every display?
--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,
The Multus SDR,LLC Team,
Ron / W4MMP

Jens / HB9JOI

Hi Ron ...

... that's it !
If I slide the opened and docked windows of MSCC onto the integrated laptop display then the setting works
Waterfall "ZERO" ... and if I then slide the windows completely back onto the HDMI display, the function of waterfall "Zero" is retained !!!
So I have to start MSCC on the integrated display and when MSCC is running I have to move the windows to the HDMI display then all is working !!!

73 , Jens / HB9JOI

+++

Sorry about the step by step, but I knew this was going to be difficult.   Next question, does the problem happen on every display?
--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,
The Multus SDR,LLC Team,
Ron / W4MMP

--
73`s de Jens / HB9JOI

Ron / W4MMP

Hi Jens,

Excellent!  I was pretty sure it had something to do with your particular display adapters.  I do highly suggest going the HDMI display adapter manufacture's website and download and install the most current driver.  Don't depend on the Windows update to provide the most current driver.   Microsoft can only provide what the manufactures provide to Microsoft.

73,
Ron / W4MMP
On 5/7/2020 07:02, Jens / HB9JOI wrote:

[...]

Sorry Ron ...

the Zero-Slider is again not working .
I have - for to looking solve this problem – disconnected all additional monitors .
Using only the integrated Laptop display , but the Zero-Slider is not working .
I have new installed MSCC ... the Zero-Slider works also NOT .
I have installed MSCC with Proficio also on another computer with i5-processor ... also the Zero-Slider is not working .
There must be a problem of MSCC !

73 , Jens HB9JOI

+++

Sorry about the step by step, but I knew this was going to be difficult.   Next question, does the problem happen on every display?
--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,
The Multus SDR,LLC Team,
Ron / W4MMP

--
73`s de Jens / HB9JOI

--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,
The Multus SDR,LLC Team,
Ron / W4MMP

--
73`s de Jens / HB9JOI

Ron / W4MMP

Hi Jens,

OK, it was working and now it is not.  What changed between the time it was working and not working? Until I I receive reports from other users that this issue exists with their computers, I will continue to maintain the position that something is weird with your computer.

73,
Ron / W4MMP