Topics

Windows 7 and Proficio

I haven't seen this asked yet in the forum directly and have lost track over time.  What is the latest version of the software that will work on Windows 7 and the Proficio.  This might be useful to know for others.

Thanks
  David  KB9GPM

Ron / W4MMP

Hi David,

I never really had a release specifically for Win 7.  A release that did work OK on Win 7 has been lost to history.   As mentioned many times, Win 7 is no longer supported by Micro Soft.  The only release I support is Win 10.  Unless your Win 7 machine is completely off the internet,  you are at a substantial risk of being infected with something nasty.  The hackers know this.  Please give the current release a go on your Win 7 machine.  It may work, but then maybe not.

73,
Ron / W4MMP

--
Thank you for your support and business,
73,

ibmsorcerer@...

If your Win 7 machine is fairly recent, the upgrade is fairly painless. Though some machines won't upgrade.
Bruce
KI5LN

Ok.  I'll fiddle around and see what versions I can get to under Win7 or I'll just use debian for the proficio software  The machine is tri boot.  One reason I have not upgraded is it's a fairly low power machine and use it with old legacy software that won't work with Win10.

David  KBGPM.